Nevada Equal Rights Commission

On-line Complaint Form

Who Can File a Charge of Discrimination?

Any individual who believes that his or her rights have been violated may file a charge of discrimination with the Equal Rights Commission.

How Is a Charge of Discrimination Filed?

A charge of employment discrimination may be filed by mail, on the internet or in person at the nearest Commission office. Public accommodations or housing complaints may be filed in person or by mail. You will be asked to complete an intake inquiry form. Your complaint will be assessed, and if it meets the legal requirements, a formal charge will be drafted for your review and signature.

You must file your employment or public accommodation complaint within 300 days of the date of the alleged violation. Housing complaints must be filed within one year of the alleged violation.

Individuals who need an accommodation in order to file a charge (e.g., sign language interpreter, print materials in an accessible format) should inform the nearest Commission office so appropriate arrangements can be made.

What Information Must Be Provided to File a Charge?

  • Your name, address, and telephone number.
  • The name, address, and telephone number of the respondent employer, employment agency, or union that is alleged to have discriminated, and number of employees (or union members), if known.
  • A short description of the alleged violation (the event that caused the complaining party to believe that his or her rights were violated).
  • The date(s) of the alleged violation(s).
  • Your date of birth if you are filing on the basis of age; your race or national origin if you are filing on the basis of race or national origin.
  • To file a complaint of discrimination with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), instead of the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, call 1-800-669-4000. Federal employees or applicants for federal employment must contact EEOC at 202-663-4599.

This Complaint Form is for employment-related discrimination complaints only. For Public Accommodation or Housing complaints, please refer to:

Discrimination in Public Accommodations
Housing Discrimination

Equal Rights Commission Las Vegas
1820 East Sahara Avenue
Suite 314
Las Vegas, NV 89104
Phone (702) 486-7161
Fax (702) 486-7054

Equal Rights Commission Northern Nevada
1325 Corporate Blvd.
Room 115
Reno, NV 89502
Phone (775) 823-6690
Fax (775) 688-1292

NV Relay 711 or 800-326-6868

DETR/NERC is an equal opportunity employer/program.

Auxiliary aids and services available on request by individuals with disabilities.